Adult Summer Division
Click to download the Short-Sided Rules for the Adult Summer Division.
WCSSF 6v6 Short-sided Rules
Adult Summer Season
This season we have opened up our summer league to all adults to join in on the FUN! Players must have graduated from High School in order to participate. Here’s some additional information:
- Teams can have as many players rostered as you’d like. However, only 12 may dress and participate in the game on a given Sunday.
- Players MUST have shirts that are the same color and wear shin guards. (Shorts and socks should be worn, but do not need to match.)
- The teams must have a coach that is not one of the players.
- Registration ends on May 27th!!!!!!!
- Games will start on Sunday, June 9th, and run for 8 weeks.
- Games will be scheduled only on Sundays at 2, 3:30, or 5 PM.
- 3 referees are needed for each game.
- Games will be 35 minutes in length, with up to a 10 minute half.
1. 35 minute halves (10 minute half time)
2. Normal play is 6 v 6, however teams may play 7 v 7 if both coaches agree.
3. Goalies CANNOT PUNT the ball. (Penalty: an indirect kick is awarded to the other team from the point where the goalie punted the ball.)
4. Goalies CANNOT DROP-KICK the ball. (Penalty: an indirect kick is awarded to the other team from the point where the goalie drop-kicked the ball.)
5. Goal kicks must NOT travel past midfield in the air. If the whole of the ball lands beyond the midfield line, the ball is whistled dead and an indirect free kick is awarded to the other team from the point that the ball passed over midfield.
6. Minimum number of players to start play is 4.
Just for further clarification:
1. Free kicks (except goal kicks) may pass over midfield without play stoppage.
2. Goalies may throw the ball over midfield without play stoppage.
3. Goalies may pass (by foot) or shoot the ball after the ball has been passed back to them by a teammate.
4. All other FIFA rules apply including off-sides.
5. Unlimited Substitutions may be done by either team on the kick off, goal kick or throw-in. Players ready to substitute MUST take a pinnie unto the field and hand it off to the player that they are replacing on the field.